Monday, August 18, 2014

Sewing Pants: Fall 2014

Brown pants. Thrills, doesn't it? Chocolatey corduroy skinny stretch jeans though, sounds almost exciting.

Flat felled seams, faux zipper, reinforced knees, elasticated waist, all the details you'd expect from the tailor in the basement. Why do I bother with all this fanciness for a pair of pants? A pair of pants for the 7 year old who is notoriously rough on said pants? I don't really know, but it has something to do with, 'if you're going to do something, may as well do it right', which isn't really my philosophy in life. I'm all about embracing my mediocrity. Oh well. Hopefully they'll last longer.

AND I have been filling my dull desultory days with music! My sister sent me the lyrics, I stuck them to a tune swimming about my brains, and here I am, singing my heart out with my brilliant backup singers, playing less than mediocre guitar with uncalloused fingers, and in general, enjoying myself immensely.

Plaid Pants   I'm laying bets that you'll sing along during the chorus. If you can't have corduroy, plaid is certainly a statement maker.





No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...