Friday, November 20, 2015

Makes: Horse Birthday Bag

I have been sewing stuff. Lots of stuff. Random stuff. It's pretty great. Last Saturday, my 10 year old went to a birthday party, horse back riding! It's like the coolest party ever, right? We had to get a present early, so we ran to target at 7 a.m. but they don't open until 8! No car for the rest of the day, so we had to plan and use what we had on hand.

Voila! My sweet pea did the design and kept me away from colors the girl hates (pink). We used a coloring page online we traced out and used wonder under to stick it to the fabric. Fully lined, fusible interlining, etc. For a last minute thing, didn't turn out to badly.





2 comments:

  1. That looks pretty special. I like how you've bound the bag and the strap with the other fabric, really brings it together. I bet the birthday girl loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! She loves all things horse, so we could have given her anything with a horse and she would have liked it. It was fun to make! I really rarely make bags, but they're so fun. I should do more.

      Delete

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...