Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday Makes: Watergirl Cover thing

I'm trying to learn photoshop before May, when the Watergirl 2 comes out (Watergambit) and I need new cohesive covers for both one and two. Yay for Watergambit coming out!!!


So, I've been photoshopping. You know you want to see it. Maybe not, but you can anyway. In fact, you already have because clearly, the image is easier to see than these letter. So I'll ask you, 'what do you think?'

Also, I'm feeling misanthropic. Maybe it's post valentine's, or just in general too cloudy and snowy blah weather, but I think it's the fact that I pushed and pushed to finish the awesome House of Slide: Hollow, 3rd revision, my last tough revision, I think, and now I'm sad. Because I want it to be over but I hate finishing things.

I really hate finishing things. Sewing, cooking, everything. I like being in process much better. I have no idea why. Good thing my schedule is keeping me on task or I'd never finish and publish anything. Maybe that's a good thing. Sometimes I wonder. Like today when I'm feeling the blues. Or grays. Blue is much nicer.

Photoshop slays me. Personal dragons.

8 comments:

  1. I love the cover! Juliann, you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Thanks so much! Photoshop is so complicated! Oh well. One small step at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for another Watergirl book! The cover could just be one solid color with the title for all I care. I know it's very important, please don't misunderstand me, but I thoroughly enjoyed Watergirl and have been watching for the next one ever since I finished it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Watergirl. I hope you're not disappointed with the sequel. As for the cover, it would have to be an AMAZING font. :D

      Delete
  4. Photoshop is really hard - I am amazed you are even trying to do a book cover. And the thinking in layers is troubling. The whole thing seems to have been designed non-instinctively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is NOT instinctive for me, that's for certain. A bit like sewing pants together, come to think of it. I can't say how many times I sewed the front to back top and the legs together on accident. :D

      Delete
  5. Photoshop is really hard - I am amazed you are even trying to do a book cover. And the thinking in layers is troubling. The whole thing seems to have been designed non-instinctively.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...