Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Butcher, baker, Vampire Slayer and Wilds edits

I have hit the point with my 12th night book where I've run out of steam and it isn't fun anymore and I want to throw it against the wall and do something else. So, I wrote 7K on it today. That's seven thousand words. Three chapters. I was writing a chapter and then I realized I needed two chapters before it. So that's what I had to do. I'm on chapter 15. Almost finished with chapter 15, and this is my second go through. It's going to end a third of the way through at three hundred or so pages. That means that it's going to be a three book series. Ugh. The thing is fun. I'm not going to lie. I love the characters even if she's basically neurotic and he's a bit too smirky.


I guess I'm trying to say that writing for me is a little sporadic. At least I'm writing. I guess. I also half finished final edits on Wilds, so I'm not totally bailing on my schedule. I love my schedule. It's my beau, but sometimes I need to go off on a fit of mindless rambling... that quickly degenerates into a tightly plotted romantic mystery with action. Action, people. I hate action. Except it's kind of awesome. There's this scene where Orion's perched on the edge of the building and then... stuff happens. It's hilarious. And awesome. Also actiony. actioneeee.

I'm listening to the Peanuts Christmas album. It's so great. It just makes me so happy. Soothes the beasts within. You know, Target the week before Christmas. And my cashier has OCD. Seriously. He told the woman in front of me.
"I have OCD, but the manager always compliments me on how straight and flat my money is."
Seriously. I do not want to stand in line with a four year old and a two year old with presents on the conveyor belt that the 4 year old isn't supposed to see while the cashier irons the money.

He's going into a book. Not this one. It's full of quirky people who couldn't possibly be real.

I hope all your Christmas plans are coming true and you're not stressing too much about all that stuff. Also, I hope your cashiers are sloppy and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...