Wednesday, November 2, 2016

I've been working on my new House of Slide covers!

Well, the first one was a total success, I think, and by first I mean second. Ahem. Let me explain. For some reason I don't quite understand, I started with the second book. Maybe because it had the cutest umbrella. So... I think Hybrid is a VERY cute cover. I love it. I think it's a bit spooky and evocative of the change she makes from caterpillar to butterfly. It took 641 photos and 40 yards of tulle to make this cover, plus a blue wig, a unicorn t-shirt and the super cute blossom umbrella. I think it's pretty spot on, though.

The second was pretty much disastrous. The photoshoot, the lighting was PERFECT and then bam! Eight photos in and my battery pack was dead. Apparently I need a backup or something because it always seems to die when I'm counting on it. And then my photoshop kept crashing and wouldn't save anything and... Headache. I do not love photoshop. Although it is sometimes less stressful than it used to be, it's still a mysterious beast I don't understand. In spite of that, I came up with something almost okay using a variety of sources that don't blend perfectly because... well, lots of reasons. AT any rate, this is the direction I'm going because pretty dresses sell and I am a heartless marketer. I'll probably redo the photo shoot and come up with something better and more cohesive. Or not. Depends on how crazy things get.




No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...