Tuesday, December 27, 2016

SWAP 2017 I made something!!!

Hello!

It's been a bit since I've posted. I've been pretty crazy, mostly my own fault because silly me decided that I'd make covers for other people and that pretty much took over my life. I did four covers, and maybe that's not a lot for someone who knows what they're doing, it really took it out of me. Ah well. It's over. At least until I do something for someone else. If I do that. Which I probably will. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm so excited! The rules of SWAP are 11 garments and you can have 2 early birds, and I decided to start with my most difficult thing to see if I could actually get it done, and you know what? I DID!!!! So that's three coats I made this fall. CRAZY. And my husband informed me yesterday that my 9 year old also needs a coat. I told him to take him to Target and get one. Although now that I think about it... :D

What was I saying? Oh, yes, I finished my coat! I've had it cut out for four years or something for another SWAP I did, and it's supposed to be taken after the coat the Victoria vampire wore in the second Twilight movie. That was awhile ago. Great coat, though. So here's my version. I didn't line it because it's baby cord and I wanted it to be a little bit casual, but still swirly long kind of drama without the seriousness of wool.

It turned out so nice my husband wants me to make him one. I don't know about that. It was a lot of work. That collar turned out so nicely, though. Probably all that hand basting different interfacing that did it. Anyway, it's done except I might put patch pockets on instead of the inseam ones because they kind of gap open.

this is my sewing center while my kitchen is in process.

Yes, this is when I'm sitting on the floor cutting out pockets. My pattern is cut out and hanging on skirt hangers so I don't lose any pieces. Brilliant, right? It only took me how long?

This is my fabulous painting that I love so much. Not very Christmassy, but my whole room feels like this. 

This is my pattern for parisian overalls. The pattern came from France. Oo La la! 


Here is my coat, and I'm getting Christmas tree.

This is my favorite photo. I look so interesting. So je ne sais quoi.


Action sequence. The coat is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...