Saturday, January 13, 2018

Sew Saturday Christmas Dresses



This year's Christmas Dresses were seriously fun. The fabric, from the amazing Jackman's Fabrics was adorable and easy to sew, but that's quality cotton for you. My favorite thing is the yellow dress, because all that fabric came from my stash except for the Red Riding Hood panel. There's nothing more satisfying than sewing cuteness from stash. :) The pattern was from an old Burda magazine I have in my stash. I came up with the piping on my own, which was a seriously jiggly bit. Piping on square corners is a mess. I had to hand sew it all and fiddle a lot to get them to be moderately not weird. Oh well. They love them, and that's what really matters. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...