Tuesday, November 25, 2014

SWAP 2014 Fashion a Capsule Wardrobe Sewing Plan

It's time to plan, and maybe none of it will get sewn, what with hoodies and snow pants and other miscellaneous adventures that may come up, but that's all right because the plan is the most enjoyable part anyway. It's a happy SWAP (Sewing with a Plan for the unindoctrinated)  to give me a little pick-me-up in the dreary of winter. I just love sewing happy colors, particularly when it's not so happy outdoors.

The rules:
5 Tops, 3 Bottoms, 3 Wildcards. All tops must match all bottoms, and one item must use refashioning or be a convertible garment.

I really enjoyed working with my cheap watercolors. 

I am currently missing one Wild Card, but that's all right since I can also use a previously made/bought item. Ah, arbitrary rules, I love them so.

This is the pile of wonderful fabrics I snagged during one of fabricmart's diabolical online sales. The mustard challis is beautifully drapey and exactly the color I wanted. The silk plaid may not get into the swap. It's a little bit heavy and I'm not sure it will go with... the butterfly shirting. I love it so. Love love love. I just want to drape it around my neck and race around all, SUPERBUTTERFLY!!!


Here's an up close you couldn't live without.


This is how far my SWAP has progressed so far. Rather impressive considering the hoodie madness going on in here.

Anyone else going to get SWAPPing this year? Or, just planning capsule wardrobes is pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...