Friday, June 26, 2015

Clean Indie Review: Sweet: Pride and Butterflies, by Franky M. Brown
















I met Franky online at Clean Indie Reads when I was asking about whether my books looked particularly clean or not. I love Pride and Prejudice type stories, so I got the sample to see how it would go. And you know what? I had to finish reading it, so there you go. It's a sweet like one of Emily Loring's old ones. I can recommend it with a completely clear conscience.

You can find it Here



The review:


This book, first off, does not have a lot of description and frankly, I always have a hard time with first person present tense, so when I downloaded the sample, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to finish it, but before I knew it, I was laughing out loud at this hilarious story!

Caralyn is just lovely and ridiculous and human. We're in her head the whole time, a rambling, stream of consciousness that is so over-the-top, I just loved it and her. She's a mess and has to figure out what to do about it as her precariously built world topples over on her.

The dream guy was a bit dull, honestly, but very nice. The kissing was sweet and fun! It's exactly like a sweet should be.

Throughout the story I found myself laughing out loud, and sometimes gasping in shock as some new atrocity happened. Some favorite scenes:
The ghost scene, the butterfly garden, the airport scene, and the shoe scene.

Well done Franky A Brown. I know a new author I can go to for an uplifting lighthearted romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...