Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Summer Abundance
















Fish in the pond, although we haven't caught any, wild bees making honey, but I'm staying far away from those hives, wild mushrooms in the woods, although I have no idea which ones are poisonous, but the black raspberries! All of us go out every day and pick berries until our fingers and faces are stained. I have two baggies frozen, but no jam. I've never made black raspberry jam, or any berry jam for that matter. I like the idea of it, spreading it on my fresh from the oven bread, a smear of purple that tastes like summer. Maybe I'll have courage when the blackberries come on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...