Thursday, December 3, 2015

Barbs and Elves

That's what I'm working on right now. It's a short story that I think will still be fairly short by the time I'm finished. Um. Short for me is thirty to fifty pages. It's not an epic. It will NOT be a series. I tell myself every day. Anyway.

Excerpt

He thought he could see purple reflected behind the billowy gauze when she reached a few steps above him before she tripped, falling into Balthaar's arms with a solidity that belied her apparent weightlessness.

She felt cold, like a bird hanging onto the last of its life after striking glass, heart thumping delicately in its feeble frame.


I love the bird part. I've held a bird in my hands after it's hit the window and broken its neck. I've felt the last of its heart beats before it grows cold and stiff. Heartbreaking.

Anyway, have a glorious day! Hope the sun shines wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...