Friday, July 1, 2016

July!

I had a rather ambitious scheme in the past year, to increase my published books from 3 to 10. In one year. Yes, rather ambitious. It's been a crazy writing year! I published Hunter in November, Wilds in December, Forget Me Not in January, Wilds II in March, and Water Gambit in May.

Five books in a year!!!! Writing that makes me sit here stunned. That's impressive. Far and above anything I realistically could have accomplished, so I think that right now, I'm going to pat myself on the back instead of sighing about how I did not get those last two (Wilds III and Hollow) out before July.

Right now I am rewriting Water Gambit. I reread it and thought, "hm, some good parts, but overall a little bit boring." Can't have that. It's overwhelming though. I feel like I'm going backwards. I'm not writing in a rational manner. Of course, that's fantasy for you.

I had Hollow finished, ready for edits but then had this realization that the ending needed to be entirely reworked because of some specific things that would be just so much more TA-DA!
So on Hollow, I'm taking some time. I really don't enjoy working on House of Slide in the summer. It's too serious. I want to write something fluffy and nonsensical.

Wilds III is practically finished, but I had to force myself to write it because it is too dark and intense for summer.  It's actually really, really good. Matthew and Helen's love is so tumultuous! Sigh.


Also, my kitchen is, well, it isn't. The pieces of it are on the back patio waiting for all the remodelling to end. No kitchen. Life is a bit interesting right now, and I have to wash dishes in the pedestal sink. Which is fun, of course, but maybe a little bit too fun. Construction does not make for good writing. So that's what is going on with me. I think that maybe after I finish this rewrite of Water Gambit, I'll do a quick fun draft of Water Gambit, or something else summery, and then get back to the House of Slide to publish it in the fall.

I'll tentatively say September, Maybe October, but I hope not, because I have this other series that I want to start, Butcher Baker, Vampire Slayer, and I REALLY would like to have it out in October. I don't know. I hate to drag out House of Slide because it's been so patient for me, and it's so close to done, but I'd rather not have to rewrite the whole thing post publish.

So here I am, an author of 7 published books, without a kitchen. I hope your summer is going really well and that if you don't meet your goals you can still feel okay about what you did accomplish.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...