Thursday, July 30, 2015

House of Slide, Hunter 1/3 finished! Celebrate!

I am going to settle down with a big peach and popcorn, and watch an episode of Sherlock to celebrate the completion of the first 32,000 words of Book 3 in my epic.

To prove that I haven't been secretly writing romance novels, here is an excerpt:


A lyrical voice with a peculiar accent drifted from the shadows around us.
Lewis sighed and covered his eyes with his hand for a moment. The gesture was one of frustrated irritation.
“Theo,” Lewis said in a sharp, low voice tinged in anger, not looking around like me.
I searched the trees but saw nothing besides shadows and rustling leaves.
“Axel,” the voice said, closer, so smooth and oily that it sent a shiver down my spine. “Won’t you introduce me to your friend? We can all celebrate your birthday together.”
I saw Lewis clench his jaw before he inhaled and forced his breath out.
“What sort of celebration did you have in mind?”
Theo laughed, a horrific, fascinating sound that filled the air with multiple octaves.
Lewis moved, grabbing me and spinning to the side the moment before a dagger thumped into the tree where he’d been.



It's going to be awesome. First 3rd, finishing her training in Louisiana, 2nd 3rd, Hunting with the folks from Sanders, Last 3rd, Hunting the Hollow One.

It's going to be very action packed. Honestly, I'd rather write dialogue. Action is slow going for me, but this books is HUNTER. So, she hunts. A lot. Man! She's going to need a serious nap after all this chasing and fighting and running around. Oh, and flying. 

Hunter is due out in November. I am on schedule as I write, so... keep your fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...