Thursday, August 27, 2015

Crashed

Our computer, that is. Our photos are stuck in the lost digital world of our very ancient mac, and now that I have a shiny new computer box thingy (cannot believe how much tech has changed in my less short life) I can access so many things that weren't possible for the longest time. I'm thinking about getting on instagram. or snapchat? What's the thing to be on these days? I have no idea. I think twitter is a little bit last century practically.

Luckily, my real writing goes on on an old PC laptop that has taken its share of tumbles down the stairs with nothing but a kinked power cord to show for it. It's fine because I use it as a portable typewriter and don't go online. Online is dangerous, slows up everything and uses up drive or whatever that thing is. I'm so excited to go onto all the sites that wouldn't load. Deviant Art! Youtube videos, khan academy... it's all so very interesting.
I'm going to have to figure out how to backup stuff, photos etc. on our new computer so that when it's time has come to go to the worn tech home, I won't have no resources for things like covers. Sigh. It's a hard life. And this spellcheck feature is seriously irritating. Ah well. Win some, lose some.

I am on schedule, almost. I'm a day behind, but if I crack my own whip, I should still be able to finish chapter fifteen by Saturday. This story is going very well. I'm always surprised when I reread things and I don't hate them. Maybe all this practice writing is paying off.

Painting. Ugh. So many painting stories. I'll have to do another post another day. But clouds of jasmine. Clouds of jasmine and life is so good.

1 comment:

  1. Yes to Instagram. No to Snapchat. Twitter is lame. The end.

    ReplyDelete

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...