Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Book Review: Unleashing Mr. Darcy by Teri Wilson

Absolutely deliriously delightful. The best part of this book was the dialogue verbatim from the original Pride and Prejudice. It made me happy. There was enough of a plot on its own without being strictly a retelling, but the best elements are there. 

Warning, contains a sex scene. 

Elizabeth is a dog lover and meets Mr. Darcy who is judging her dogs. It's a delightful premise that allowed the story to unfold with some charming elements not at odds with the original. It was exactly the story I wanted to read. I love when that happens.


My mermaid book is only a little bit like Pride and Prejudice. The important things, I think. The love interest is Mr. Darcyish, and the house is a work of art. This had actual snippets of dialogue from the original. I loved it.

My writing is veering off course. I'm struggling to rein in the beast that is my creativity. I must focus. Focus pocus alamabocus. Yes, that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For my mother, because she wanted to see my happy birthday to me outfit, got the linen jacket done. Yay! Also the red riding hood felt doll ...